Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is very pleased to announce the launch of its Councillors' Grant Fund for 2019/20 which is now open for applications from voluntary and community organisations across the county.
The Councillors’ Grant Fund provides each of Warwickshire County Council’s 57 Councillors with an allocated fund of £6000 to support small-scale projects within their division that can demonstrate support for the following outcomes:
- Warwickshire’s communities and individuals are supported to be safe, healthy and independent
- Warwickshire’s economy is vibrant and supported by the right jobs, training, skills and infrastructure
All applications should aim to address local issues and improve the health and wellbeing of people living in Warwickshire. In particular, applications which address one or more of the following key priority areas will be supported:
- Improving community assets and their sustainability
- Improving access to services
- Improving financial capability
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Reducing loneliness and isolation
Any organisations or groups wishing to apply for Councillor Grant Funding can do so using the new online system and the deadline for applications for the first round of funding is 5pm on Friday 7 June 2019.
For organisations or groups looking for support to complete their application forms, help is on hand from Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action (WCAVA) and WCC's Localities & Communities Officers, who have arranged a series of funding workshops to provide assistance to groups or organisations considering applying to the Fund.
These sessions will include providing guidance on: eligibility of projects, advice on completing a funding application, and signposting to other funding or support sources.
Details of the workshops in North Warwickshire are as follows.
- Tuesday 14th May from 9:30-11am at Hartshill Community Centre (Church Rd, Hartshill, Nuneaton, CV10 0LY)
- Monday 20th May 11am-12pm at Polesworth Memorial Hall (20 Bridge St, Polesworth, Tamworth B78 1DT)
- Thursday 23rd May 10am-12pm at WCAVA Office (Community House, Coleshill Road, Atherstone, CV9 1BN)
- Friday 24th May 10am-12pm at Coleshill Library (19A Parkfield Rd, Coleshill, Birmingham, B46 3LD)
Please email email@example.com to confirm your attendance.
Full details of the Councillors' Grant Fund, including information on how to apply can be found on our webpage at www.warwickshire.gov.uk/grants.