The first Coventry & Warwickshire Business Festival is starting to gain momentum with lots of applications to host events now flooding in. Over 65 expressions of interest to host events have been received, and since the website went live on 19th June and 32 formal event applications have now been submitted into the approval process.
The Festival, developed by the Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and the Coventry & Warwickshire Growth Hub will see an exciting fortnight of business events taking place across the whole Coventry & Warwickshire area, between 20th November and 1st December 2017. The aim is to stimulate local business growth and shout about the strength of Coventry and Warwickshire businesses and the fantastic breadth of industries based in the region.
Any business or organisation of any size can apply to run an event, which can take any shape from a small networking meeting, workshop or seminar to a large trade show or a national conference. The current events range across a variety of business sectors and will appeal to a mixture of audiences, including:
- Food and Drink event that will connect buyers from across the country with local suppliers;
- Leisure and Tourism networking event at Twycross Zoo;
- Women in business event: “Woman Who” featuring well-known, inspirational speakers;
- Seminars about how to manage taxes better, property and the VAT trap; the benefits of holding your finances in the cloud;
- Pension auto-enrolment webinars;
- Economy events such as ‘how Coventry & Warwickshire can make Brexit work for the region’ and a live review of the Autumn statement (subject to date to be confirmed);
- Careers speed networking event, enabling 450 year 10 and 12 students the opportunity to meet local employers.
The Business Festival has an expected market reach of around two million in year one alone. Around 50-75 seminars, lectures, workshops and conferences and 5,000 - 7,500 visitors (with around 15-18% of these being from outside of Coventry & Warwickshire) are predicted over the fortnight.
The Festival is also attracting support from local organisations who are recognising the profile-raising opportunities that the Business Festival presents. Sponsorship opportunities are still available.