Business Navigator - CWLEP Growth Hub
£28,000 per annum
Full Time - 37.5 hour per week. Whilst the standard office hours will be 8.30am until 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, the post holder will be required to work such hours as are operationally required for the proper performance of duties. There will be occasions when flexibility in working hours is required to support specific tasks and events. For example, working early or late to support a VIP visit or Growth Hub event or attendance at a particular meeting for which time off in lieu will be given. Overtime is not paid.
Growth Hub office is currently located at Enterprise Centre, Coventry University Technology Park, Puma Way, Coventry, CV1 2TT. A fair proportion of the role will be carried out within the Growth Hub office in Coventry, but there will be travel required throughout the Coventry and Warwickshire area.
This position is part funded by the European Regional Growth Fund (ERDF)
This post reports to the Managing Director. But on some day to day tasks and in the absence of the Managing Director, the post holder will be directed by the Senior Account Manager as operational needs dictate
Purpose of this Job Description:
The employer considers this document as a “snapshot” of the job and the tasks listed are not an exhaustive list. It aims to provide a clear guide at the time of writing to all that is involved about the requirements of the job. It will also be used to communicate expectations about performance and will be used to monitor effective performance.
The Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership Growth Hub was introduced as part of the Government-supported Growth Hub Network and since launching in 2014, the Growth Hub has helped create over 3000 jobs and added over £90,000,000 in gross value.
The Growth Hub is a one-stop shop for all business needs, offering a range of free services including mentoring, financial advice, growth planning and networking opportunities. The team are on hand to support business growth.
Working closely with partners such as Coventry University, Local Councils, The FSB and Chamber of Commerce, The Growth Hub has a vast network of expertise and knowledge to help businesses get the support they need.
- Promote business investment and growth within SME businesses throughout the Coventry & Warwickshire region
- Collect and analyse information on the objectives and priorities of local businesses
- Lead on the delivery of Information, Diagnostics and Brokerage for ERDF programmes as services to Start-ups and SMEs
- Support the team of Account Managers in their duties
- Maintain knowledge of the scale and scope of the local SME business support infrastructure and proactively develop relationships with SMEs in Coventry and Warwickshire by identifying solutions to growth issues and pinpoint pathways towards resolving them with the objective of supporting business growth
- Assisting SMEs with general business support, and signposting to relevant business support programmes
- Work with delivery partners and external suppliers to ensure that programmes are relevant and optimise impact
- Ensure that a consistent and proactive service is provided at all times by the Growth Hub
- Proactively networking with the local business community and enterprise organisations
- Enter and manage data in CRM system, keeping track of clients’ progress and interactions, ensuring accurate and timely records at all times
- Arrange and deliver advice workshops, seminars and networking events
- Prepare reports for Operational Group, LEP etc. as and when required. Share intelligence gained about the target region with Growth Hub Team and key partner organisations in order to inform development plans
- Keep informed about national and local policies and initiatives in respect of business growth and development, especially those that relate to SME’s
- Work collaboratively with the Growth Hub team to ensure the whole of Coventry & Warwickshire is appropriately supported
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality and ensure compliance with data protection and information security standards
- Identify and report issues relating to health & safety, maintaining an accident report system
- Completed a broad education including GCSE grade C and above in English Language and Maths (or equivalent)
- (desirable) Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- (desirable) Relevant qualifications in business, economic development, business advice and guidance
Experience and Knowledge
- Good working knowledge of business management
- Experience of building effective working relationships, and of working in partnership with delivery partners, external suppliers and businesses
- (desirable) Previous experience in working within an SME
- (desirable) Previous experience in management, finance or human resources
- Demonstrate ability to cope with high volumes of work, to set and meet deadlines and targets; determine priorities and organise work and coordinate activities to provide an efficient service
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal with ability to engage, influence and promote delivery to senior executives
- Excellent project management and report writing skills
- Excellent networking skills and able to manage ongoing relationships
- Skilled at interpreting and analysing research to inform actions
- Well-developed IT literacy to produce high quality documents and presentations (using MS Office packages)
- (desirable) Knowledge of Dynamics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system or similar
- (desirable) A good understanding of business investment and public sector decision making processes
- Demonstrates natural ability and personality that will build and maintain personal credibility with client and partner relationships with a responsive “can do” attitude
- Able to work flexibly to accommodate early and late working times from time to time
- Valid driving license and use of a vehicle insured for business use
- Understanding of the requirements of Equality and Diversity
To apply for this position, please send CV and Covering Letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for application is 12pm - Monday 19th March