We have just found out that this Friday (1 December) the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport will be showcasing Coventry on social media.
This means that the judges and the DCMS will be watching Coventry online for the entire day. This is one of the biggest opportunities in the competition yet. Every city will have their own day and we need to make sure Coventry shouts the loudest!
So how can you help?
* If you’re not already following us then use these links to follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/coventry2021/>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/>, and Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/coventry2021/?hl=en>
* Send this email to EVERYONE YOU KNOW!
* Starting at 9.30am, post as much content as you can about Coventry – making sure to always use #ThisisCoventry with @Coventry2021 and where appropriate @DCMS and #UKCityofCulture2021
* This is going to last all day so please help us keep the momentum up. A couple of our competitors have trended nationally and we would love to do the same
* Video content and pictures are brilliant – record messages of support and tag us in them and encourage everyone else to do the same
* Are you in work that day? Get all your colleagues involved. Shout about how much you love the city, record it and upload it
* Is there an article you have read about City of Culture or Coventry you have enjoyed, share it again! Here is a great source - http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/all-about/uk-city-of-culture
* This is not just on twitter, feel free to post on any channels you use. @Coventry2021 is on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
* We want to have an hour where we completely take over social media and have a concentrated effort to be all that anyone is talking about. This will be between 1pm and 2pm on Friday, so if you can only spend a little bit of time on Friday, then 1pm to 2pm is the time to do it.
Having a think about these statements to help with your posts is a great place to start –
I am backing Coventry's bid to be #UKCityofCulture2021 because .... @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
Coventry needs to be #UKCityofCulture2021 because… @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
My favourite place in Coventry is … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
To me, culture in Coventry means … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
My most unforgettable moment in Coventry was … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
In 2021 I would like Coventry to be … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch. The contact on the day will be Marketing Manager - Jen Marscheider (Jen.Marscheider@coventry2021.co.uk<mailto:Jen.Marscheider@coventry2021.co.uk>).
It’s been an incredible journey, and whatever the outcome, we have all achieved amazing things for the city and long may it continue.