Taking part in Pitchfest is a great opportunity to grow.
Not only will you be putting yourself in front of an audience of investors looking for businesses to back, you will be developing your ability to compose and deliver a pitch that is both engaging and appealing.
There are other benefits too - improved self-confidence, skills and networks that can help further your business in the future.
How It Works
From application to Pitchfest final, the process is all about honing your business plan, perfecting your pitch, building your confidence and getting you in front of an audience of investors who could help you realise your business potential.
Each business applying takes part in one pitch preparation session. Most will go on to one of the follow-up judging panels, after which selected businesses are invited to present and/or exhibit at the final.
- Click here to apply. Fill in a short online application. give us an idea of who you are, what you do and why you are looking for investment. Provide as much information and detail as possible to help us understand your business proposition.
- Pitch Preparation: Do you have a scalable business? Are your financials watertight? Does your pitch grab an investor's attention? Work through the finer details with experts to develop and strengthen your pitch.
- Practise: Refine. Improve. Rehearse. Repeat. The sooner you enter the competition and get support to improve your pitch, the more time you have to practise before the selection panels.
- Selection Panels: A series of presentations to a panel of investors and industry experts. Past panel members have included representatives from Accord Group, Barclays, Finance Birmingham, Harper Dennis, Hobbs, Innovate UK, Midven and Santander.
- Pitchfest Final: High profile judging will be reviewing the top pitches from a seriesof heats and the overall final, from which the live audience vote for the best pitch award.
- Pitch Preparation: Thu 7 June, Tue 26 June and Tue 17 July
- Judging Panels: Thu 5 July, Thu 12 July and Thu 6 Sept
- Pitchfest Final at iCentrum, Birmingham: Thu 27 Sept