The Five Point Plan to Help Businesses.
Through talking to businesses across the county, it has become increasingly apparent to Warwickshire County Council and the Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce that skills shortages are becoming a signifcant barrier to growth.
Last month saw the launch of the county council’s five point plan to support businesses in tackling skill shortages. Now collaborating with the Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce and Kenilworth's The HR Consultancy the county are pleased to announce the five steps to tackle such shortages and support in building tailored plans to suit individual business needs.
- Step One - Complete the Online registration form to join the campaign and benefit from the great support available.
- Step Two - Engage with a dedicated business skills advisor to discuss your skills needs and issues faced.
- Step Three - Attend 3 workshops designed to offer lots of useful tips and many strategies to consider when addressing skills shortages.
- Exploring various labour pools
- Non salar benefits
- Training fuding support
- How apprenticeships work for you
- Building effective vacancy adverts
- How to engage with schools
- Attracting new talent
- Business support Programmes
- Step Four - Working with your business skills advisor, identify which of the strategies or tips from the workshops you would like to replicate in your business and build effective skills plans utilising the support identified.
- Step Five - Regular contact and reviews to track progress and link additional support if or when required.
A series of workshops are to be held at Kenilworth Holiday Inn, 212 Abbey End, Kenilworth, CV8 1ED on the following dates.