Bids are invited for funds to extend the provision of onsite assessment, specifically for NVQs/SVQs in targeted construction occupations. The successful project will increase the capacity of assessors to provide a qualified workforce across Great Britain.
What is the Challenge Facing Industry?
- There is increasing demand for onsite assessment of construction industry NVQs and SVQs. However, there’s a limited number of assessors and regulated centres offering those qualifications. Provision has been further limited by the withdrawal of the Construction Related Occupations (CRO) Card.
Who Can Apply?
- Any organisation which can best deliver the results we are looking for.
How Much Can You Apply For?
- £1.5 million is available to support the occupational areas identified in this commission. CITB will fund up to 70% of the project cost. The applicant will have to supply the other 30% in match funding.
What This Commission Brings to Industry?
- This commission should result in more on-site assessment available for NVQs and SVQs in the target occupational areas.
How to Apply?
- This is a two stage process:
- Register your interest in the commission by completing the expression of interest form. Please answer all the questions.
- Complete an expression of interest: The funding team will review your expression of interest and contact you.
If your idea matches most if not all the criteria for this commission, we will guide you through the application process.
Preparing Your Application:
You must demonstrate how your project will:
- Increase the availability of on-site assessment by occupational area.
- Increase the supply of qualified assessors and quality assurance personnel available to the industry.
- Monitor the quality of provision through developed assessment and quality assurance strategies that comply with regulatory requirements.
- Increase the numbers of workers who qualified through on-site assessment within the occupational area/s identified.
- Increase the number of CSCS applications to demonstrate occupational competence by occupation.
- Be self-sustaining after funding expires.
Your project should support qualification requirements in the following occupational areas:
- Finishing and Interiors
- Demolition (England & Wales)
- Plant Operations and Maintenance (excluding hire)
- Scaffolding (assessors and trainers)
- Passive Fire Protection
- Application window opens 12 September 2018. Submit your application form no later than 5pm on 19 November 2018