The WMG SME Group has developed a specialist internship programme for SMEs looking for additional resource and expertise to overcome technical and strategic business challenges. Since the programme launched, over 130 internship projects have been completed.
Many businesses have reported major transformational benefits, which have helped inspire new product development, improve process efficiency and generate new, improved ways of working. The internships typically take place for eight weeks, over the summer, and attract both students and graduates from the University of Warwick and other local higher education establishments.
We are pleased to announce a further 30 internships will be on offer for our 2018 programme.
What sort of projects can the intern conduct?
- In general, projects usually relate to the expertise covered by the WMG SME Group including manufacturing, materials, product development, digital systems, factory 4.0, automation and business models. This is not an exhaustive list, so please do feel free to raise other project ideas that may fall outside of these areas.
- Alongside the intern, SMEs on the programme will also benefit from having access to selective equipment at WMG and support with supervision from the WMG SME Group.
How much does it cost?
- We are able to pay 50% of the project costs (approximately £2000), which covers the first four weeks of the internship. The SME would then be expected to cover the cost of the remaining four weeks of the programme.
- Must be an SME (organisation with < 250 employees, turnover of <€50 million)
- Must be a manufacturing organisation in the UK, or deliver activity that adds value to the UK manufacturing supply chain
Interested? What do I do next?
- If you are interested in securing a part-funded internship, please contact us via email@example.com with a brief idea of the project you would like the intern to conduct.
- Intern projects will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.